Re: [ve-dev] Null to Gridbag..

Hi Dave,

Generally this type of question is a "how to" or "help it's broken" or "I love/hate the Visual Editor", and the best place for this is the newsgroup eclipse.tools.ve which is hosted on the newsgroup server news.eclipse.org.   This mailing list is for questions and discussions about design of the VE.

However,  what you describe should work.  Having laid the components out in null layout (you can use stuff like the "Show Grid" or the "Alignment" dialog to help get things just right) you can switch the container's layout property to GridBagLayout using the property editor and it will generate pretty good GridBagConstraints guesses for each component to keep them in the same absolute position.    Are you doing the switch using the property sheet ?  Is there anything suspicious in the .log file in the .metadata directory in the workspace (where stack traces get written to).

Best regards,

Joe Winchester

Please respond to ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:        ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx