[ve-dev] Moving forward

Now that VE 1.0 is out, there are some housekeeping activities to do to
prepare for 1.0.1 and 1.5.

1) For the time being, all development on VE will continue to happen on
HEAD.  Once we start adding potentially-breaking features for VE 1.5, we
will announce a branching of the CVS tree into a 1.0.1 branch with main
development continuing on HEAD for 1.5.

2) Per the Eclipse.tools project charter, we need to write a (in)formal plan
document describing what we intend to include in VE 1.5 and in what kind of
time period.  The process we will follow to create this document is as
follows:

A) Consolidate feedback received on ve-dev about what people want.
B) Request feedback from the user community on the newsgroup and consolidate
that into planned and optional features for 1.5
C) Publish a draft plan, solicit comments, and incorporate feedback
D) After a period of time, rename the draft plan to the final plan and move
forward with 1.5.

Best regards,

Dave Orme
Visual Editor Project lead