Re: [ve-dev] VE 1.5 themes

Dito.

Another thing that we need to start push on is API documentation.  We should pick (from now on each release) as set of development use cases (e.g., extending a palette, adding a layout mgr. etc.) document, clean and open the VE API to drive these.

------------
Dr. Gili Mendel
IBM
Software Development
RTP Raleigh, NC
(919)543 6408, tie: 441 6408

Dave Orme <DaveO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/15/2004 12:20 PM

Please respond to
ve-dev

ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] VE 1.5 themes

All,

We're now nearing completion of VE 1.0.  That means that VE 1.5 is on the
horizon.  Here are some themes I've identified for VE 1.5.  Everyone please
add/delete/criticize (constructively) so we can decide what is most
important for VE 1.5.  We really want to hear what you think is important
for the next version of VE.

1) Performance

Put simply, VE can be made faster.  We intend to do so.

2) Object factory support / JFace support

JFace has taken the lead by creating SWT layouts using a

public Composite createPartControl(Composite parent);

factory method pattern.  Essential Data and other frameworks have copied
this good idea and used it all over the place.  We need to support this.

3) More coding pattern support

So you can bring your JBuilder project, NetBeans project, etc., into VE.

4) Basic RCP support

Ability to create Eclipse views and editors using VE.

What do you all think?

Regards,

Dave Orme
Eclipse Visual Editor Project lead