RE: [ve-dev] Few questions please

Dear Rich,

a. Our EClass has some SFs of primitive type "int" (pl see the attached
file). How do we specify "int" for an eType? Or do we have to use type
Integer?

>>> RK >>>>
We observed that for the 1st command no CodeGen adapters are called because
the "owner" ConstraintComponent is not notified  "if
(owner.eNotificationRequired())" while setting the SF "component" with the
child object (JButton). The stack trace is as follows:

------- The reason it wasn't notified is because at that point in time there
are no decoders on the ConstraintComponent. We were in the process of
creating it and
didn't exist before this point.
The decoders aren't added until the apply of the constraint component to
JPanel.
At that point in time the JPanel decoder sees the addition and will go and
add
the decoders to the new guy.

>>> RK >>>

True. ConstraintComponent is not notified because it has no adapters
whatsoever.

We would like to have a similar behaviour when we set SF "containment" on
our ULCComponent with a layout value object while we are adding it to a
conatiner. We would not like our ULCComponent to be notified while the
"containment" SF
is being set. However we would like to add the decoders to the ULCComponent
when it is applied to a ULCComponent.

Is there a way to do this declaratively or through code?

Is it possible to do it by setting/unsetting eDeliver() on the object?

---- Within weeks.

Is it likely be before September end/ 1st week of October?

Many thanks,

Janak