[ve-dev] RE: Need Help

Dear VE Team:

We have a Structural feature setting on a bean for which No Source should be
generated.

Please refer to the "containment" SF in the attached override file.

1. How should we handle this?

2. In the following method of ObjectDecoder, for the above SF we get
isChildValue = true. What does this mean?

protected boolean isChildValue(EStructuralFeature sf, IJavaInstance val,
boolean checkAttributes) {
    if (sf == null || val == null || !(val instanceof IJavaObjectInstance))
return false ;
    // Known SF to be ignored
    if (MethodTextGenerator.isNotToBeCodedAttribute(sf,(EObject)val)) return
false ;
    // Known Instances to be ignored
    if (isSimpleObject((IJavaObjectInstance)val)) return false ;
    if (checkAttributes)
      if (! isAnyAttributeSet((IJavaObjectInstance)val)) return false ;

    return true ;

3. For the above SF we would like the
MethodTextGenerator.isNotToBeCodedAttribute(sf,(EObject)val) to return true
because we donot want any source generated while setting a value on the SF.

I hope I have provided sufficient info for you to answer the questions.

Thanks and regards,

Janak