Re: [ve-dev] VE on Mac OS X

VE creates a target VM where it instantiate the bean hierarcy on the project's class path.  It uses this VM to screen scrape the images for these components.  These screen scraped images are used as cartoon images on the GEF canvas.

... so we need to ability to screen scrape Widget images .... the inherent issue is that these Widgets are off screen.

For Swing, we use the Component.printAll(Graphics g) API which works off screen.  SWT has no API to get off screen components.  On Windows and GTK we are using native API to scrape the images.  ... we need to be able to do so on OS X as well.

------------
Dr. Gili Mendel
IBM
Software Development
RTP Raleigh, NC
(919)543 6408, tie: 441 6408

"Alain O'Dea" <alain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/26/2004 01:05 PM

Please respond to
ve-dev

ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] VE on Mac OS X

Hi,

What prevents VE from running on Mac OS X? Perhaps I can assist in
either a development or testing role.

Regards,
Alain O'Dea

Back to the top