RE: [ve-dev] Re: integration with CDT

> From my quick look at this issue in previous months, it was easy to
> conclude that it would be a pretty big undertaking to support VE with
> C/C++ widget sets. It would certainly be an exciting feature
> for Eclipse
> to bring VE and CDT together and I'm willing to help anyone
> who wants to
> give this a try.
>
> Likely high runners include all of the widget sets supported
> by Eclipse,
> e.g. win32, GTK, Carbon, plus others like Qt and maybe some
> cross platform
> ones like wxWidgets (previously wxWindows). There are a few
> fundamental
> hurdles that would need to be crossed first before we can pick a good
> starter, though. The VE guys have a better idea of what those
> fundamentals
> would be.

One idea I had was to get SWT compiling with GCJ and to integrate the SWT
GUI builder with C/C++.  Then at least the GUI widget handling part of VE is
already written and you could start by focusing on the C/C++ integration.
One could then add additional widget sets...

I for one would *love* to see this happen.

Dave Orme
VEP Project Lead

Back to the top