RE: RE: [ve-dev] VE API

Thanks Dave for the support :)

I would like to provide you with some details regarding the task
i want to achieve.

I am having a complete set of custom ui component jars/classes.
This set includes custom frame, various widgets, layout managers
etc.

Initialy the first thing i would like to achieve is to initiate
the visual class using the custom frame and be able to modify
it's properties in the property sheet.
If the swing JFrame is not initialized that would not be a
problem.But would surely like other swing widgets to function.

I think after that I can look for adding other widgets and can
finally proceed for Layout managers which seems to be a more
intense task.
Kindly tell me  the basic requiremnts for the same.
Hope you have got a better idea what i want to do.
Sorry for not providing you with all these details at the first
moment.

Thanks & Regards
Tanul

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Tue, 18 May 2004, Dave Orme (DaveO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
wrote:

> > Hi Dave,
> > Thanks
>
> No problem!
>
> > Actually I wasn't to extend Visual Editor so that it can
> > function using custom ui components like custom buttons,
> > layoutmanagers etc. How can this be achieved? Is VE an
> > extensible plug-in, if yes then where can I get the details
> > for it's extension points? I there any documentation
> > available for the same? Where can I find the basic design of
VE.