[ve-dev] VE Test Pass

Folks,

   We have been quite busy changing the plumbing of VE to enable it on and make use of V3/M8, as well as to prepare it for SWT support.  Before we are advancing into tackling the performance the details of SWT support we wanted to stop, run a test pass (hopefully smell a rose or two:), and fix some defects so that we can provide a stable M8 driver .... not to say that we want to stop for a month to fix all defects, but definitely blockers/major ones so that we can move into the next phase.

If you wish to help on this front, go to http://www.eclipse.org/vep/  -> VE TestPass Runs  (http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextools.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/vep-home/WebContent/docs/testpass.html)

...pick up a test case, and go for it.  If you want to just play and open defects, we will take'em.  If you wish to document/create your own test cases, please send them to this mailing list, and we will try to integrate them in the next test pass.

When you submit your results, please state the platform you were running on.   One does not have to register to run test cases to open defects.  The registration process is only to track test coverage.

... Gentlemen, start your engines ... let the bugING beging.

Dr. Gili Mendel
IBM
Software Development
RTP Raleigh, NC