Re: [ve-dev] How can I view the JBuilders XYLayout in the Visual Editor?

You should use the newsgroup for these kind of questions, it will help other users.

XYLayout is a proprietary JBuilder layout; it is a Null layout on "steroids".   According to the jBuilder docs XYLayout is not intended for production, bur rather for design.  You should use jBuilder to change to a formal layout manager before using it with VE.

VE does supports BorderLayout.

------------
Dr. Gili Mendel
IBM
Software Development
RTP Raleigh, NC
(919)543 6408, tie: 441 6408

"Fend, Anita" <Anita.Fend@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/04/2004 04:43 AM

Please respond to
ve-dev

<ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] How can I view the JBuilders XYLayout in the Visual Editor?

I have designed a form/application in JBuilder with XYLayout.
Now I moved the project from JBuilder to eclipse with VE.

The VE does not display the frame correct.

I have not found the XYLayout in eclipse, so I included the jbcl.jar of JBuilder.

Is there a plugin for eclipse which includes the XYLayout?

If there is no such plugin:
What layouts are the nearest in eclipse for
BorderLayout and XYLayout ? (nulllayout, GridBagLayout, BoxLayout, usw.?)

Greetings from Anita

Back to the top