RE: [ve-dev] RE: Sweet BeanInfo for SWT

I don't think we need to push this as a general beaninfo extension (JSR) -- I think it would be much more effective to work out the kinks with VE and eventually Penumbra rather than having it turn into design by committee... (Note: I was on the ANSI C++ committee and have no fondness for that mode of work...)

I'm not sure why Sun's Introspector is an issue -- the only tools that would be using the beaninfo extensions would need custom guts to work with those extensions anyway. And Introspector isn't a terribly complex beast anyway.

Eventually it would be nice to have a more extensible BeanInfo system, but I think that would also need to involve things like JSF and other concepts (like layout manager extensions, for example).

Later,
-- Scott

Back to the top