[ve-dev] M5 Integration build

We have kicked off the build machine to build/release a M5 based integration build of VE.
This build has passed our smoke tests but is in no way a stable, or a milestone build.

What's new:
  • This build has a SWT plugin with a small SWT palette where you can drop a shell and a composite child  .... The SWT plumbing is in no way solidified, but it will be the bases for folks to add SWT line items.  The code generation/parsing (although not complete) follows the pattern design noted on the archives.
  • Construction/evaluation of Java Instances is mostly evaluated now on the IDE, using Rich's Parsed Tree Design.  This will make it easier to support more complicated expressions as well as simplify new development, and debugs.
  • The Shadow IDocument CodeGen used to employ and sync. with the Working Copy was removed - the WC's document is the only document.

Our goal for  next week to start and move onto the M7 builds, and with that to move VE to the new (not internal) ASTs.

Dr. Gili Mendel
IBM
Software Development
RTP Raleigh, NC