Re: [ve-dev] Wizard to create a new Java Class using the Visual Editor

Thank you all for your comments.

- Peter... You're right.  My error. I neglected to match the "Superclass" field with the selected "Style" dropdown.

- Illya... I think this was your point (1).  That was the intention... The Superclass field would be updated dynamically depending on the "Style" and radio button selections.
    About the choice of name for "Style" (you and Eugene suggested "Widget set" and "Toolkit".  These are good ideas.  What do you both think about the argument the following counter argument: since developers could add their own contributions to this dropdown, they could become their own organization/personal "style" (although technically they are "toolkits").

- Eugene... The radio buttons are intended to be generic.  Looks like you propose (legitimately) adding one more: Dialog
...as well as a corresponding dropdown (to accompany this "Dialog" radio button) that would include the various dialog classes that could be extended.  Problem is, don't you think that would require too much realstate?

What we could do is to make the "Superclass" field a dropdown that includes any classes that match the Style dropdown and Radio buttons selection.

Resulting in something like this...

       Lucinio Santos
       Manager, WebSphere Tools User Experience
       Phone: (919) 543-4813  (tie: 3-4813) -  Fax: (919) 254-8169
       santosg@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top