Re: [ve-dev] VE SWT effort

Jeff,
Good observation... we are looking at that and definitely want to include this capability in the first stage of the VE SWT implementation.

I added a line item called "Dispose Support for Shared Widgets (e.g. Color) " to the document.

Here's the link to the main document -->  http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextools.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/vep-home/WebContent/docs/v1.0.0/line-items/index.htm.

Regards...

Peter Walker
-------------------------------------
Eclipse JVE Development
919-254-1558 - T/L 444, Fax 254-8169, HYSA/501/K107
IBM SWG at RTP, 3039 Cornwallis Rd, RTP, NC 27709
Lotus Notes: Peter Walker/Raleigh/IBM   Internet: walkerp@xxxxxxxxxx

Jeff Myers <binarydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/03/2004 01:44 PM

Please respond to
ve-dev

ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [ve-dev] VE SWT effort

I might have missed something, but it doesn't look like there's any
mention in the plan of coming up with a code pattern to deal with creating
resources which cannot rely on the implicit dispose() call from the parent
container.  This is necessary when allocating a new Color, Font, Image,
Cursor, etc from a property editor.

- Jeff

--- Dr Gili Mendel <gmendel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The VE SWT extension support for v1.0.0 is under way.  Peter Walker have
>
> compile a list of line items that will serve as a guided map on what is
> being done, and who are the main drivers a particular that line item

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextools.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/vep-home/WebContent/docs/v1.0.0/line-items/index.htm.

=====
Jeff Myers
binarydreams@xxxxxxxxx