Re: [ve-dev] SWT code patterns

> We are in the process of creating a skeleton SWT enabled driver to
> form the bases from which to build the SWT extensions. (...)

I read the design and it makes sense. I have a quick question.

> One will not be able to drop anything but a Shell or a parentless
> widget (e.g. Dialog) on the Free Form.  If one is to customize a
> Composite, they will use the create-wizard to  create a class that
> extends a Composite with a constructor that takes a parent (need to
> talk more about flags).  The target VM will know how to parent the
> "this" part on the free form.

The shell and the parentless widget I understand. Presumably the
Composite (with the constructor) takes the parent. When you mean the
target VM part on the free form will know how to parent this part, what
do you mean? Because a composite has to have a parent, and because you
are extending a composite on the free form, does the VM provide a parent
just for the "visualization" of the composite? Would this be similar
with the Canvas widget?

phil

Back to the top