RE: [ve-dev] Understanding this huge pile of code... ;-)

Title: Message

You have checked out all of the dev-base model for VE 0.5.0 right? Or you trying to run as all binarys, but in development mode?
Neither.  I installed the plug-ins including the development plug-in from the download page.  When I launch Eclipse, VEP works fine in the development workspace.

Then I followed the procedure recommended on page 11-12 of Gamma/Beck's Contributing To Eclipse:

- Pick: File | Import...

- In the resulting wizard, pick "External plug-ins and fragments", then click "next"

- On the next page, check "Extract source archives and create source folders in projects", then click "next"

- (here I modified Gamma/Beck's procedure a bit)On the next page, check all the plugins starting with "org.eclipse.ve" and "org.eclipse.jem", then click "Add required plug-ins" (to get all the dependencies), then click "Finish".

After following this procedure and then waiting a bit, I had compiled VEP source plus dependent plug-ins in my workspace.

I then created a working set so I could focus my attention on the VEP plug-ins only and tried to launch a runtime workspace to make sure VEP was working.

At that point I encountered the previously-described error message.
Do you have a project labeled org.eclipse.jem.proxy,
Yes.  Not only that, but I can open the source for IVMServer.java just fine.  So I have no idea why it wouldn't be found by the Eclipse runtime.  I also double-checked the launch configuration to make sure that org.eclipse.jem.proxy was selected to be included in the runtime workbench.
and if you are using code from CVS,
Nope; see the above. :-)

Sorry I can't be of more help.  What should I look at next?

Thanks,

Dave

Back to the top