RE: [ve-dev] ve/swt support

Title: Message

My thinking is that in a few weeks we will have a *stable* V3 based driver on the CVS head stream, where we will start add the initial plumbing support for SWT so that we can drop a few SWT widgets (SWT screen scrape, target VM environment etc.).
That's great news!
We could then work out a detailed list of work items (and their dependencies) that needs to be worked on, and use this mailing list (or maybe the web site) to allow folks to pick up orphaned work items.   Those developers that are not commiters (have no write permission on the CVS repository) would be matched up with a commiter as a ref. point for question, code review, and checkin.   Dave, does this conform to our charter?
I think that having a list of tasks and allowing people to volunteer toward completing those tasks is an excellent idea.

Questions/discussions about how to do those tasks should take place initially on the mailing list and only be moved to private email if the discussion gets so arcane that it is not applicable to the rest of us or to anyone who might want to come along and read the mailing list later (to catch up on what has happened in the project).

Letting people know what committer would handle their contributions is also a great idea.

Dave

Back to the top