[vancouver-announce] Vancouver Eclipse Hackathon November 13

Please join us for the 2nd annual Eclipse hackathon on Tuesday,
November 13, starting 5:30 pm.  This is a great opportunity to learn
about how open source works, and to make a meaningful contribution to
a project.  Moreover, if you love to program, it is more fun with
friends and beer (food and drink will be provided by our sponsors).

Last year, we had lots of fun and hacked away on some Eclipse
projects.  In the end, we had 5 contributions that eventually made it
into the wild.

Some of the projects that will be hackable this year:

* Mylyn (task and application lifecycle management): http://eclipse.org/mylyn
* Groovy-Eclipse (Eclipse tooling for Groovy):
http://groovy.codehaus.org/Eclipse+Plugin
* Orion (Cloud-based IDE): http://eclipse.org/orion
* Scripted (browser-based JavaScript editor):
https://github.com/scripted-editor/scripted/

(And potentially more...if you want to feature your project, just ask
one of the organizers.)

For each of these projects, there will be experts and project
committers available to help you choose where and how to hack.  The
first two projects are Java-based and the second two are
JavaScript-based, so a working knowledge of either of these languages
is expected.

To find out more information or to register, head to our wiki page:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Eclipse_DemoCamps_November_2012/Vancouver

Back to the top