Re: [uml2-dev] UML2XMI.xsd

hi kenn,

thanks for replying.
i'll use newsgroup for general inquiries instead.

and i see that UML2XMI.xsd isn't useful for me and shouldn't be refered as a xml schema of uml2 xmi.

tnx,
shigemoto.

Shigemoto,

Please use the newsgroup for general UML2 inquiries.

As I understand it, XSD does not allow multiple inheritance, so mixin features are copied. Note that UML2XMI.xsd isn't really a useful artifact since it can't, in practice, be used to validate UML2 documents (in part due to all of the multiple-inheritance in UML2). The metamodel definition of UML2 is currently captured in the Rose and Ecore models (in org.eclipse.uml2/model).

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey

Eclipse UML2 Project Lead
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

Shigemoto FUJIKURA <fujikura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: uml2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/08/2005 12:33 AM
Please respond to
"This mailing list is used to discuss the development issues for the UML2 project. "

uml2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[uml2-dev] UML2XMI.xsd

hi all,

i have a question about UML2XMI.xsd file.

i got this file from cvs
repository(org.eclipse.uml2/plugins/org.eclipse.uml2/model) and i found
that this is not an exactly meta model definition of UML2. for example,
in the UML2 metamodel, Package inherit Namespace and PackagableElement
but in UML2XMI.xsd file, Pachage inherit only Namespace.

what is the porpose of UML2XMI.xsd?

i just tried to generate C# class libraries which can generate UML2
compatible xmi file.

best regards,
shigemoto.