RE: [uml2-dev] UML XML Schema

Walcelio,

UML2XMI.xsd is the XMI schema for the UML2 metamodel. It was generated using EMF, which does "deal with" mutlitiple iheritance...

I'm not sure how to tell EMF to create correct schema locations... you may want to ask the EMF team (post a message to the eclipse.tools.emf newsgroup).

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey

Eclipse UML2 Project Lead
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

"Melo, Walcelio L" <Walcelio.Melo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: uml2-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/14/2004 09:14 AM

Please respond to
uml2-dev

<uml2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [uml2-dev] UML XML Schema

Kenn

Many thanks for your note. I found the UML2.xsd in the source packaged.

Do you have UML XMI Spec? Although XSD does not deal with multi-inheritance, normally XMI is able to deal with. If I have a UML2 XMI Spec I could use it to transform my enterprise artificats to UML 2. Using EMF, I could genereate a 1st cut of the UML2 XMI Spec, however, the issue of multiple inheritance is still there.

Another questions:

How can I genereate the XSD for the whole project instead of package by package?
One of my packages is called entity. When EMF generates the xsd it created the file EntityXMI.xsd. However, in the head of the xsd file EMF puts the name of package (without XMI) as the schema location. How can I indicate to EMF to create correct schemalocation file names?

<xsd:import namespace="http:///www.unisys.com/EA/entity.ecore" schemaLocation="entity.xsd"/>

walcelio