Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Notifications

Doug Schaefer wrote:
> BTW, I really like the idea of using OS notifications. Being a Chrome
> user, I’m getting used to seeing them, for example when I’m tweeted at
> or something happens in Facebook that may interest me.

Mylyn Notifications has the concept of "Sinks". ATM, one of them is
"Desktop Popup". I can very well imagine another being "OS Notification".

This has the advantage that we don't need to have OS-specific code in
place for all supported OSes at once (assuming that every supported OS
even has a decent Notifications API); there would always be the
"fallback" sink (Desktop Popup).

Just my two cents,

Andreas

--