Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Information/Material

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/27/2016 06:37 PM, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
It's not so much about the review vs pr workflow - although Gerrit is kind of an alien to a majority of Git users compared to GitHub. This really is about visualization. Neither cgit nor Gerrit offer anything near the capabilities of browsing and visualizing content. I see this as a critical feature.
That's a solid argument.
If we want published content with Gerrit, it means we have to deploy the content to www.eclipse.org, have a whole dedicated site, deliver HTML/CSS.
If we go on GitHub, then content is presented nicely and browseable "for free", we deliver markdown and asciidoc.
GitHub seems to provide us a better "time to market" than Gerrit.

if we woud install the gitiles Gerrit plugin we could also render markdown for repositories hosted in Gerrit

-MatthiasĀ

Back to the top