Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Notifications

On 09/22/2016 05:10 PM, Brian de Alwis wrote:
The advantage of using OS notifications is that some platforms collect them for later display.  I'll often ignore notifications and then go check them later in the notification centre.  So we may not have any recorded interactions.
+1, I find gnome-notifications perfect on that matter on many others. To me, any attempt to implement something similar in Eclipse only will never reach the same quality. Also since Eclipse UI is initially about proper integration in the OS, OS notifications seem to be by far the most sensible choice.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top