Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Modal dialogs

As I just mentioned on the Platform UI list, I’d love to see something like this presented as an experiment and fed to the community for a usability analysis, i.e. Let us try it out and show our friends to see if we all think it’s a great idea. Even a screencast captured to show what it would look like.

For a lot of UX issues, you sometimes just have to play with it and try it out in a real environment to see whether it’s the right approach to take.

Doug.

From: <ui-best-practices-working-group-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 2:13 PM
To: UX Group <ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Modal dialogs

On 09/15/2016 06:59 PM, Stefan Xenos wrote:
Just disabling modality wouldn't take a few people a week. It would just take one developer an afternoon.
So what is the next step then? If we all agree that sounds like a good change, and if it's a low hanging fruit, is there anything still blocking progress on this topic?
Is there a Bugzilla open to follow and contribute to the technical effort?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top