Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] FW: New topic in forum C / C++ IDE (CDT), called Dont see C++ project or class in "New" list...., by Richard Hollingsworth

Title: Eclipse Community Forums

Are we going to do a BoF (with a Hangout) at EclipseCon Europe?

Wayne

On 14/09/16 10:32 AM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Here’s an example of user confusion. I’m not sure which “Eclipse” he installed, and clearly, neither is he, but he was expecting to be able to create a C++ Project.

I’d like us to consider the install scenario and give guidelines for the Eclipse Installer as part of our mandate. You don’t get a great UX if the user hasn’t even installed the right thing to get an experience.

Doug.

From: "forums-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxx" <forums-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 9:55 AM
To: Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: New topic in forum C / C++ IDE (CDT), called Dont see C++ project or class in "New" list...., by Richard Hollingsworth

Subject: Dont see C++ project or class in "New" list.... Author: Richard Hollingsworth Date: Tue, 13 September 2016 19:09
Hello: Just installed Eclipse for mac from the web site. Loaded it fine, and brought it up. When I try to create a new C++ project, there is no C++ in the list. Many others, but not C++. Do I need to install something else into Eclipse in order to work in C++. If not, how do you create a new C++ project? Thanks....
[ Reply ][ Quote ][ View Topic/Message ][ Unsubscribe from this forum ]