Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] [platform-ui-dev] Icons in Eclipse Neon still small for people with visual problems

Hi Kristof

We're working on scaling for the Oxygen release. Another option would be for interested parties to provide bigger icons. The framework will pick them up if installed.

Dani

From:        kristof.mulier@xxxxxxxxxx
To:        ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx, platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        22.06.2016 13:04
Subject:        [platform-ui-dev] Icons in Eclipse Neon still small for people with        visual problems
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Eclipse developers,

I noticed that the icon size has improved from 16x16 pixels to 32x32 pixels in the newest Neon release. This is a huge step, and a relief for people with visual impairments and people working on a 4K display. Nevertheless, 32x32 pixels is still too small for many users. I have invested quite a lot of time to solve the issue myself. Please refer to these StackOverflow question to see the details:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37929996/building-eclipse-ide-from-scratch-making-bigger-icons-sometimes-successful

Are there any plans to make it possible to stretch the icons from 32x32 pixels to larger sizes (perhaps 64x64 or even 128x128 pixels)? Will it be possible to stretch the icon size manually in Eclipse - through some menu - instead of relying on the dpi-settings of the display? Developing code should not be a privilege for those with sharp eyesight - it should be accessible to all.

Thank you very much for your time. All help is very much appreciated.

Kind greetings,

platform-ui-dev mailing list
platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx