Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Reflections on 2009 and ideas for 2010

Hello Eitan,

I will guess that the lack of activity is related more to lack of someone driving it than to lack of topics or need. Personally, I am less involved in Eclipse work these days and have not had the cycles to continue the same level of participation as I've had in the past. With some new membership and someone to drive the topics and evolution of the guidelines, I'm certain the group would have renewed life and purpose. Those who are still able to participate at different levels of engagement in the work group would likely not only be open to new leadership and membership, but welcome them.

Kind regards,
Kim

IBM Rational Software
UI Design, Jazz and Collaborative ALM
kpeter@xxxxxxxxxx
905.413.5960

Inactive hide details for "Kurejwowski, Eitan" ---01/05/2010 04:28:14 AM---Hi all,"Kurejwowski, Eitan" ---01/05/2010 04:28:14 AM---Hi all,

"Kurejwowski, Eitan" <eitan.kurejwowski@xxxxxxx>

"ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx" <ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>

01/05/2010 04:28 AM

[ui-best-practices-working-group] Reflections on 2009 and ideas for 2010

Hi all,

Looking back at 2009 I wonder why this group wasn’t active as the years before. Is it that there are less members involved? Or perhaps there were less projects with ui related topics? Maybe there were less bugs assigned to the group? I don’t know the answer.
Our team at SAP consists of around 15 designers all working on Eclipse related products. We spend a lot of effort in synchronizing our designs since we are spread all over the world. We want to be harmonized with Eclipse guidelines and we have many questions. We also conduct usability tests and we have interesting data. My feeling was that we weren’t able to share enough with this group. This brings me to 2010. I would like to see a more active UI best practices working group. Let’s show our designs, let’s do UI walkthroughs, let’s meet and chat.
I’ll be happy to hear your thoughts.

Happy new year and best wishes,
Eitan

http://twitter.com/eitankur