[ui-best-practices-working-group] Contradiction in 'field decoratiors and validations' document

Hi all,

The document Field Decorators and Validation describes the behavior of errors by showing an error decorator next to the field: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Image:SaveAsError.gif

This is contradictory to the guidelines for validation of data:

 (…)If the first required field is empty, an informative prompt should be shown in the text area, directing the user to fill in the field (…)

and also is not implemented in any wizard. So the question is what should be the behavior for new wizards?

In my opinion we should ignore the decorators for errors in wizard to be consistent with the current implementations and make a remark in the document specifying that this behavior is not yet implemented to avoid future confusion.

Best Regards,

Eitan

Eitan Kurejwowski
User Experience Designer