Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Extending the Guidelines for Context Menus

Eitan,

Your contributions would be welcome. There is guidance here on how to go about it: http://wiki.eclipse.org/UI_Best_Practices_Update_Process

Note, in case relevant, there is a short topic appended at the end of the guidelines on context menus: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User_Interface_Guidelines#Limit_Context_Menus

Cheers,
Kim
UI Design . Rational Software
IBM Toronto Media Design Studio

Inactive hide details for "Kurejwowski, Eitan" ---07/21/2009 06:29:40 AM---Hi all, My Name is Eitan and I’m a UI Designer at S"Kurejwowski, Eitan" ---07/21/2009 06:29:40 AM---Hi all, My Name is Eitan and I’m a UI Designer at SAP. At SAP we have a large team of around 15 UI designers working on differ

"Kurejwowski, Eitan" <eitan.kurejwowski@xxxxxxx>

<ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Jansen, Ulrike" <ulrike.jansen@xxxxxxx>

07/21/2009 06:29 AM

[ui-best-practices-working-group] Extending the Guidelines for Context Menus

Hi all,
My Name is Eitan and I’m a UI Designer at SAP. At SAP we have a large team of around 15 UI designers working on different Eclipse based tools.
We follow the official Eclipse guidelines but at times when the guidelines are not specific we create extensions to the guidelines.

We have received many question concerning context menus from development groups. We also have seen many inconsistencies between designers so we came up with some UI guidelines to fill the gaps left open by the current guidelines.
I would like to propose to add these topics into the official guidelines.
These guidelines have been reviewed by the SAP UX Team and by development architects.

We are working on several other guidelines and we would like to keep contributing in the future.

Best Regards,
Eitan

Eitan Kurejwowski
User Experience Designer

UX Tools and Technologies

SAP Labs Israel

T +972 9 7779732

mailto:eitan.kurejwowski@xxxxxxx
http://www.sap.com
[attachment "UI_Guideline_ContextMenu.doc" deleted by Kimberley Peter/Toronto/IBM] _______________________________________________
ui-best-practices-working-group mailing list
ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx