RE: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Google Calendar for UIAWG?

+1 for #2

Regards,
Kim
UI Design . Rational Software
IBM Toronto Media Design Studio

Inactive hide details for "Mik Kersten" ---07/29/2008 05:12:58 PM---I already have the meeting details in a recurring Google Ca"Mik Kersten" ---07/29/2008 05:12:58 PM---I already have the meeting details in a recurring Google Calendar appointment, will create a new cal

"Mik Kersten" <mik@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'User Interface Architecture Working Group'" <ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>

07/29/2008 05:12 PM

RE: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Google Calendar for UIAWG?

I already have the meeting details in a recurring Google Calendar appointment, will create a new calendar, and move the event. I just need to know the name. I have previously suggested that we prefix all Eclipse events with "Eclipse -" and unless someone objects still think that this is a good practice for helping those managing numerous calendars. But I’m a bit confused about our acronym, due to the subject of this message. I thought it was UIBPWG, as per the wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/User_Interface_Best_Practices_Working_Group. That’s pretty long, so I wonder if we should come up with a short name that we use in the calendar and elsewhere. Some suggestions for the calendar name:
      1) Eclipse – UI Group
      2) Eclipse – UI Working Group
      3) Eclipse – UIBP Working Group
      4) Eclipse – UIBPWG
      5) Eclipse – UIAWT

+1 for (1), because it’s easy to understand and I don’t predict it clashing with another UI Working any time in the near future. It also allows us to say stuff like “sorry, I can’t go to that meeting because I have to attend the Eclipse UI Group meeting”, instead of trying to pronounce a weird acronym that no one else appreciates or understands ;)

Mik

User Interface Architecture Working Group
Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Google Calendar for UIAWG?

Well I suppose we can't have the UI Working Group (of all things!) being so late to the cool party.

I think this is a great idea. We just need to do it (I haven't time at this moment).

Kevin

David Carver <dcarver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ui-best-practices-working-group-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/29/2008 12:40 PM

Please respond to
User Interface Architecture Working Group <ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>
User Interface Architecture Working Group <ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject

Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
> I've been missing the UIAWG meetings lately and it's been mostly my
> fault due to scheduling.
>
> As a suggestion, how about the UIAWG publish a Google Calendar that's
> easy for people to keep track of the meeting times?
>
> Once the calendar exists, we could be cool like the Equinox guys and
> embed it into the UIAWG wiki (
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox)

XSL Tools was cool first, because I made the original request for the
wiki markup plugin for google to be added. :)

http://wiki.eclipse.org/XSL_Release_Plan

Dave