RE: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Search UI withresults integrated

> One option for a more general solution for complex searches as well might
> be to make the search dialog available from the results pane like a fastview
> (rather than forcing the user to use a kbd shortcut or walk through the menu).

This is a good point Martin.  Just because we want to be able to reclaim the real estate doesn't mean it needs to be a separate dialog.  I strongly believe that integrating the search parameters and the results into one view is good for the reasons you mentioned and for various others I listed in http://wiki.eclipse.org/UIWG_SearchUIAnalysis#Search_flow_issues. In the mockup shown there, I allowed the search parameters section to be shown/hidden, but there may be other (better) approaches too.

Regards,
Kevin

Back to the top