Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Reminder: Conference Call: Wednesday, July 9th, 17:00 UTC or 10:00 PDT. Call 613.287.8000 or 866.362.7064 passcode 892048#

Kevin McGuire wrote:

>> - Eclipse could provide Search UI for both old and new concepts and not sacrificing any of them.

My thought was that we could do it as a tweaklet which would allow people to experiment with it. That could also be considered as a delivery vehicle if it was decided not to make it the default. I believe tweaklets are the right way to provide opt-in feature changes (v.s. the old approach of adding preferences). Given that we now have this lovely P2 work, people can and will hang onto their workspaces longer, so my hope is tweaklets become a more common mechanism.

It'd be cool to see a variety of tweaklets from the community, available for people to customize their IDE with, much as they do with Firefox add-ons.

Kevin, Tweaklets seem interesting and I have been wanting more information on them. Is it to (a) eliminate the preferences, or (b) the recommended way to use internal UI api's or (c) something else? Is there a e-mail/newsgroup post that I should be looking at?

Vineet

Back to the top