Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] WTP Facets Framework UI Walkthrough Notes

Raev, Kaloyan wrote:
Here are the notes I have taken during the WTP Facets Framework UI
walkthrough that we did on Wednesday. There are some screenshot uploaded on the wiki that can be used for a
quick reference while reading the notes:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/UI_Walkthrough_Facets
I also would like to bring up another somewhat confusing issue about facets. It is that for Java projects (and probably for some other projects) they imply certain jars to be added as project dependencies/classpath. I am not completely sure about internals of this, but this feature is conflicting with dependency management mechanisms and tools, such as Maven and also somewhat overlaps with JDT's own build path configuration UI. It would be interesting to see more detailed discussion on that.

Not sure if you know, but m2e Maven tools project is being provisioned at Eclipse [1] and it is based on m2eclipse [2], which already has some WTP support [3] (screenshots are based on WTP 2.x, so it may look slightly different then one shown to the UI expert group).

I would really like to find a good way to interoperate between Maven tools and WTP facets and how UI for that should look like. There is some interesting challenges around configuring Maven projects to work with WTP, but that perhaps belong to the cross project issues mailing list.

 regards,
 Eugene

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/m2e/
[2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Home