Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] RCP - MDI presentation

Hi Alessio,

This question is best posed on the newsgroups. This mail list is for discussion of UI design best practices.

Off hand, I don't think its possible to make eclipse behave as an MDI application. Well ok maybe possible but a massive amount of work. The current presentation of tabs within a folder within a workbench window runs pretty deep through the code.

But others in the newsgroups may have ideas.

Best of luck,
Kevin McGuire

Alessio Montuoro wrote:
Hello everyone!

I was trying to figure out if it is possible to create a rcp presentation
which shows the editors as windows like in a MDI application.

My idea is to implement org.eclipse.ui.presentations.StackPresentation and
to somehow use org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell to display the
IPresentablePart's.

Has anyone done this before - or isn't it possible at all?

Regards,
  Alessio