[ufk-dev] UFaceKit builds for SWT

Hi,

For those not reading my personal blog [1,2]. We have now a hudson build
for the core and SWT/JFace implementation.

This is a remarkable step in the history of UFaceKit and one that was
due for a very long time. A big thank you goes out to our project mentor
Chris who helped me in endless hours get this build done.

I'm still working hard on the GWT front and on the test suite for SWT
but naturally any help is highly appreciated in all areas:
* SWT: Write JUnit-Tests

* GWT:
  * Work on the "native" GWT stuff I think
    http://code.google.com/p/gwt-mosaic/ could provide us the needed
    widgets
  * QxWT: Port this where I spend my time on a lot

* Qt: A very interesting port because Qt offeres a lot of cool stuff
  like animations, ... so

* Swing: In reality the stuff with my lowest interest and hope for
         though it would be a killer feature

I think our first 1.0.0 will only come with SWT, the release afterwards
should hopefully come with at least one GWT-Port but Qt is not out of scope.

Other ideas floating around:
* Draw2d/3d port
* Get databinding and core modules like UBean
  running on Android

I know you are all having day jobs but is anyone having interest in some
of the things mentioned above and commit some resources to it? I'm
naturally open for other ideas and stuff as well if it fits into the
scope of this project.

I still think UFaceKit has great potential and I will commit probably
even more resources in the months to come. e4 is going to provide
UFaceKit an application platform we can plug us into. If we manage to be
a first class citizen in e4 I think we have something other projects
won't be able to offer.

Tom

[1]http://tomsondev.bestsolution.at/2010/02/03/consumeable-ufacekit-builds-for-swt/
[2]http://tomsondev.bestsolution.at/2010/02/04/ufacekit-2-new-interesting-features-in-latest-nightly/

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top