Re: [tycho-user] [tycho-dev] Please test staged Tycho 2.3.0

Mickael Istria wrote:
> Tycho release 2.3.0 has been staged. For details of new features and
> bugfixes, see release notes [1].
> Please help by testing the staged build. To use it, change your tycho
> version to 2.3.0 and add snippet [2] to your pom.

Is the following something warning to worry about?

> [INFO] --- tycho-p2-publisher-plugin:2.3.0:publish-osgi-ee (default-publish-osgi-ee) @ update-site ---
> [INFO] Published profile IUs: [config.a.jre.javase 11.0.0, a.jre.javase 11.0.0]
> [WARNING] No system packages found in profile nor toolchain for JavaSE-15, using current JRE system packages.
> This can cause faulty dependency resolution, consider adding a definition for a 'jdk' with id=JavaSE-15 in your toolchains.xml
> [INFO] Published profile IUs: [config.a.jre.javase 15.0.0, a.jre.javase 15.0.0]
> [WARNING] No system packages found in profile nor toolchain for JavaSE-16, using current JRE system packages.
> This can cause faulty dependency resolution, consider adding a definition for a 'jdk' with id=JavaSE-16 in your toolchains.xml
> [INFO] Published profile IUs: [config.a.jre.javase 16.0.0, a.jre.javase 16.0.0]

These warnings don't occur with Tycho 2.1.0; they only show up with
Tycho 2.2.0 or later.

The plug-in that's published on the update site is still compatible with
JavaSE-1.8 and (thanks to a toolchain) built against it. So is the
warning something to worry about? Does it many that my update site is
"broken" in some subtle way?

Best wishes,

Andreas

--