Re: [tycho-user] Executing tests from pre-built test plugins p2 repo

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 5:19 PM Muhammad Umair Sair <umair_sair@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi,

I have a p2 repo that has test plugins. Now I want to execute tests present in those tests plugins without having their source plugins. Is it possible with surefire?

Maven/Tycho is artifact-centric, so you typically need an artifact to "host" each action. To work with this model, the simplest way is to create a dummy/empty test bundle which references the test plugins and include the specific tests from 3rd party plugins in a suite.
I just checked and tycho-surefire-plugin doesn't allow to run tests from another plugin. That would be an interesting enhancement request and patch to contribute.
Alternatively, you can probably hack something using the tycho-eclipserun-plugin to provision your test product and execute the tests with the uitestapplication or something like that. But it would make things easier on the long run.

HTH

Back to the top