Re: [tycho-user] Compiling for different Java versions with Maven

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 10:19 PM Patrick Tasse <patrick.tasse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When I tried this, it had no effect. The build was compiled for JavaSE-11 even if jdk.version=1.8.

What do you mean by "the build was compiled for JavaSE-11 ? Aren't the class files not using the Java 1.8 class version?
If not, it's an important bug so please report it. However, a better and more portable approach (with PDE) is to override the source/target levels in build.properties.

I guess other issues are consequence of the workarounds you've found, so let's focus our attention on this root cause at the moment.

Back to the top