[tycho-user] Tycho Surefire vs Maven Surefire plugin

Hi all,

I am a new member in Tycho mailing list.

I have found out that Tycho developed own Surefire plugin and inherits
modules from the Surefire of Maven.

Since I am an active developer of Surefire in the Apache Maven project
and I found that Tycho Surefire exists as well, I decided to ask you
whether you would be happy to join us in the Apache Maven.

I do not know the history how the Tycho Surefire was created and what
reasons were in the background. Basically, I would like to know if
Maven Surefire would be also the right place for running the OSGi
tests. And opposite is also important to know. I guess you may tell me
the objective reasons why Maven Surefire was not the right plugin for
the OSGi. Do you think that we can do something in Maven Surefire to
fully enable the OSGi tests as well?

Cheers
Tibor

Back to the top