Re: [tycho-user] Shared target platform for multiple projects

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 2:37 PM Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2020, at 14:05, Felix Dorner <felix.dorner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> a) AFAIU, the tycho-way is to put the target definition in an eclipse-target-definition artifact, and reference that artifact in the build, and the .target file is then resolved via standard maven mechanisms.. So I am thinking of deploying the .target artifacts to a maven repo that is accessible from the CI environment. Is that the way to go?

I tried that for a while but then got annoyed by the additional mvn deploy step in between. It might be ok if your target platform doesn't update in a while.

It always does change :)

Thus, I started with that setup initially but ended up with Git submodules. I know, submodules come with their own fun. But at least the process of doing a quick target platform update and consuming it somewhere else got quicker. :)

Feared of submodules.. I considered side-by-side checkouts but for some reason, submodules appear to be the thing for Jenkins, so I'll reconsider.

Thank you ,
Felix

--
Linux. The choice of a GNU generation.