[tycho-user] Dependency resolution issue after upgrade to 2019-09

I have a tycho build that works fine with eclipse 2019-03, but after upgrading to 2019-09 some things fail. I tried to update the tycho version form 1.0.0 to 1.4.0, but there is no difference.

The issue is related to test plugins. These have additional dependencies, e.g. SWTBot, which I don't have in the target platform. I use the repositories element in the test project pom to add the necessary repo, e.g.,
<repositories>
  <repository>
    <id>swtbot</id>
    <url>http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/releases/latest</url>
    <layout>p2</layout>
  </repository>
</repositories>

This works fine with eclipse 2019-03. After the upgrade to 2019-09 the build fails during initial dependency resolution:
[ERROR]   Missing requirement: org.osate.ge.tests 1.0.0.qualifier requires 'osgi.bundle; org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder 0.0.0' but it could not be found

I was able to resolve the issue by adding the required features/plugins to my target platform, but I'd still like to understand what is going on. Why isn't the <repositories> element working any more?

Thanks in advance!

Back to the top