[tycho-user] platform specific product configuration issue?

Hello List,

I'm not sure if tycho-user list is the right place to ask, wee will see

We are using tycho 1.4.0 for product build of locationtech/udig-platform project. However, we configured a product to have properties set for a specific os:

<configurations>
<property name="osgi.configuration.area.default" value="$LOCALAPPDATA$/uDig/configuration" os="win32" /> <property name="osgi.instance.area.default" value="$LOCALAPPDATA$/uDig/workspace" os="win32" /> </configurations>
Our expectation is that a product for another platform haven't had configured these properties in config.ini file. After a successful build the ini-file for e.g. MacOSX looks like this:

#This configuration file was written by: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.equinox.EquinoxFwConfigFileParser
#Wed Sep 18 22:30:47 CEST 2019
eclipse.p2.profile="" class="" id=":ma.21" tabindex="-1" style="">DefaultProfile
osgi.instance.area.default=$LOCALAPPDATA$/uDig/workspace
osgi.framework=file\:plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.12.100.v20180210-1608.jar
osgi.configuration.area.default=$LOCALAPPDATA$/uDig/configuration
equinox.use.ds=true
ds.delayed.keepInstances=true
osgi.bundles=reference\:file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.2.1.v20180131-1435.jar@1\:start
org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
[...]

We configured the product within Eclipse IDE product Editor. Problem here is that we have no testers for other platforms than Windows at the moment of writing to verify if the product still works there

Is this a potential Tycho issue or are my expectations wrong?
--
Thanks a ton, Frank

Back to the top