[tycho-user] build for target A, test on target B

Hi,

I do want to test eclipse plugins on a different target than the one
they were built for and am looking for a way to do that.

Currently I build my product against an eclipse 2019-06 target. To make
sure the built components can also be used on older eclipse
isntallations, I do want to run surefire tests against an older target
platform. The problem is that due to some build dependencies I cannot
build for these old targets anymore, therefore I only want to execute
tests.

To my knowledge there is no way to set the target file on a target-
platform-configuration. It has to stick to the naming <plugin>.target.
This would require that I add new projects for each target platform I
want to test against or that I dynamically exchange *.target files on
the build server. Both options do not seem to be perfect.

Does anybody have such a setup working?

thanks
Christian

Back to the top