Re: [tycho-user] Reduce time for building various products

Hello,

actually this is not a matter of Tycho, Maven or any other specific technology, but rather relates how you structure your builds.

I am using the following approach for a few years now:

Each single feature lives in it's own Git repository, including the feature itself, all included bundles and releng stuff.
Also the CI server has a dedicated job for each single feature.
Additionally, there are separate jobs for building and deploying the products.

As a result, if a feature A or a product X require a feature B, they just consume it like any other requirement.

Luckily, Tycho allows combining the target platform with additional repositories. So in the parent POM of feature A you can add something like:

<repositories>
    <repository>
        <id>feature-b</id>
        <url>file://${featureB.repository}</url>
        <layout>p2</layout>
    </repository>
</repositories>

Any CI job for feature A triggers all jobs for other components depending on A.

So whenever you change anything in feature B (to keep this example) only the jobs for feature B, feature A and product X are executed.

HTH,
Axel