Re: [tycho-user] Heads up: needing to explicitly set surefire's trimStackTrace with Tycho 1.2

Oops, I posted this prematurely — tycho-surefire doesn't propagate the trimStackTrace.

With Tycho 1.2, I see something like:

testGetAffectedFiles_null(com.google.cloud.tools.eclipse.util.io.ResourceUtilsTest)  Time elapsed: 0.002 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.google.cloud.tools.eclipse.util.io.ResourceUtilsTest.testGetAffectedFiles_null(ResourceUtilsTest.java:70)

With Tycho 1.1, this same error is:

testGetAffectedFiles_null(com.google.cloud.tools.eclipse.util.io.ResourceUtilsTest)  Time elapsed: 0.001 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.google.cloud.tools.eclipse.util.io.ResourceUtils.getAffectedFiles(ResourceUtils.java:61)
at com.google.cloud.tools.eclipse.util.io.ResourceUtilsTest.testGetAffectedFiles_null(ResourceUtilsTest.java:70)

So the NPE is reported at the wrong spot!

I'm not sure if this is caused by a change of value in trimStackTrace or whether surefire 2.19.1's trimming is more aggressive than 2.17.

Brian.