Re: [tycho-user] Requirement not mirrored with tycho-p2-extras:mirror

Using eclipse-repository packaging type seems to work. The key is to specify ius instead of features in the category.xml. This seems to be an undocumented feature which is not supported by the Eclipse Category XML Editor.

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
Von: "Oliver Libutzki" <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: "tycho-user" <tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. Mai 2018 20:11:59
Betreff: Re: [tycho-user] Requirement not mirrored with	tycho-p2-extras:mirror

Hi Jan,

I tried that and it solved this issue but others popped up.

Just a few words about my aim: I want to be independent of any external
p2 repository. We had a lot of pain in the past with a couple of p2
repositories as the IUs are removed arbitrarily which leads to failing
builds without any modification on our side.

Of course we just need a small subset of the IUs the Eclipse
Simultaneous Release provides, so I tried to use the mirror goal and
select the ius which we are interested in. As the Eclipse Simultaneous
Release P2 Repo is more ore less selfcontained this works ok, but
problems arise when mirroring p2 repos which rely on IUs which are not
contained in the same p2 repo. Considering that there are transitive
dependencies it's impossible to determine the dependent IUs. I tried to
solve this with the mentioned flags, but even if I merge a
followStrictOnly=true and a latestVersionOnl=true repo it's not satisfying.

Some minuts ago I had the idea to use the eclipse-repository packaging
type and a category.xml. In the category.xml I specify all the IUs I
want to mirror and in the pom.xml I add all the P2 repositories (which
act as my target platform). My using includeAllDependencies=true this
should lead to a self-contained p2 repo. Of course a couple of IUs might
be included in different P2 repos, but that's ok.

I will try that tomorrow.

Anyway, does no one else have the requirements to (partially) mirror
remote P2 repos? I found some example in the web, but they all refer to
small scenarios.

Kind regards
Oliver