Re: [tycho-user] Setting branch-specific version using tycho-versions:set-version

This is an OSGI issue: the OSGI version identifiers must respect rules see https://www.osgi.org/wp-content/uploads/SemanticVersioning.pdf

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 1:10 PM Simon Giesecke <simon.giesecke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

when using a plain Java project, I would use the versions-maven-plugin with

mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=1.0.0-branchname-SNAPSHOT

mvn deploy

to deploy branch-specific packages.

With tycho, I am trying to achieve the same with

mvn tycho-versions:set-version -DnewVersion=1.0.0-branchname-SNAPSHOT

mvn deploy

However, this yields errors such as (https://travis-ci.org/btc-ag/service-idl/builds/376303999#L2792):

[ERROR]   Version 1.0.0-deploy-with-branch-name.qualifier is not valid for /home/travis/build/btc-ag/service-idl/com.btc.serviceidl/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

How can I set branch-specific versions with tycho-versions? The maven artifacts should have this version scheme, it would be fine if the MANIFEST used a different version scheme (maybe leaving out the branch name entirely), as long as this works together.

I also tried just using the versions-maven-plugin, but this yields a different problem (https://travis-ci.org/btc-ag/service-idl/builds/376268275#L3065):

[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Invalid manifest header Bundle-Version: "1.0.0-deploy-with-branch-name.qualifier" : invalid version "1.0.0-deploy-with-branch-name.qualifier": non-numeric "0-deploy-with-branch-name": For input string: "0-deploy-with-branch-name" -> [Help 1]

Any ideas?

Best regards

Simon