Re: [tycho-user] org.eclipse.osgi.compatibility.state.PlatformAdminImpl installation

Hi

Solved: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/FAQ#How_do_I_install_the_org.eclipse.osgi.compatibility.state_fragment.3F

    Regards

        Ed Willink

On 30/10/2017 18:22, Ed Willink wrote:
Hi

A couple of my tests that work from a JUnit Plugin launch fail to work with tycho-surefire.

The problem seems to be that PlatformAdminImpl is not started and so many Eclipse services are not registered.

PlatformAdminImpl comes from the org.eclipse.osgi.compatibility.state fragment that PDE activates but Tycho does not.

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/FAQ#How_to_test_OSGi_declarative_services.3F suggests that a dependency might be the solution but org.eclipse.osgi.compatibility.state is a fragment and so I am defeated when it comes to specifying it in my target platform. Referring to it as an "location" "unit" is clearly not right; the IU in the target platform is ignored and the attempt to use Maven Central crashes with a could not setup plugin ClassRealm for "indigo"!

Any clues on how to make PlatformAdminImpl start up?

    Regards

        Ed Willink

---