Re: [tycho-user] Multiple testclass invocations per plugin

Hi Ed,

Think you can have several executions on surefire plugin.
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
        <artifactId>tycho-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>${tycho-version}</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>headless</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>test</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <useUIHarness>false</useUIHarness>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
          <execution>
            <id>with-ui</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>test</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <useUIHarness>true</useUIHarness>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

Note that the default execution will still be executed. Either you can use the default execution and one specific execution, or set skipTests to true to disable the default.

Regards,
franck

Hi

I'm migrating from Buckminster where each "junit ..." line ran a test. I can do similar things with SureFire, but I'm stuck when it comes to running two test invocations for a plugin.

(Since EMF usage is very different standalone/headless and within Eclipse, I run the same tests twice for the two environments.)

Surefire provides useUIThread to configure headless, but it does not appear to be possible to have multiple executions with different configurations; useUIThread = false, useUIThread = true.

Is there a way or do I have to create dummy 'wrapper' plugins so that I can have different SureFire configurations in each wrapper?

    Regards

        Ed Willink

---