[tycho-user] Setting workspace for SWTBot in Tycho Surefire plugin

Dear List,

I'm trying to test my RCP application's GUI with SWTBot, automated with
the Tycho Surefire Plugin.

<plugin>
	<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
	<artifactId>tycho-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
	<version>${tycho.version}</version>
	<configuration>
		<useUIHarness>true</useUIHarness>
		<useUIThread>false</useUIThread>
		<product>org.my.app.product</product>
		<application>org.my.app.application</application>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

The product sets "-data" to "@noDefault", and the workspace is not
remembered, therefore at running the app for the first time, the
Workspace Chooser Dialog pops up, which is wanted behaviour during
runtime, but not for the GUI tests, as this defies the logic of running
headless GUI tests.

Is there any way I can set the workspace remembrance to true and also
set the workspace directory from Tycho Surefire? I've tried setting
'osgiDataDirectory', but this didn't work.

Many thanks for any pointers
Stephan

Back to the top